Sunday, February 3, 2013

    It is Superbowl Day! Debbie and I never missed it. I watched for the game and cheerleaders of course and Deb watched for the commercials. Today is different because she is watching from above so probably has a better view then myself. And of course she isn't here to cook and make up the snacks which I will miss.

    Today its very nice outside with the sky just partly cloudy and it is supposed to warm up nicely.  Noon is laying down next to me.  Ever since Deb passed he never leaves my side when I am in the house. He is a great comfort and we share our loss together. North American Bobtails are wonderful companions. I consider him as my son because he has always treated me as his family and cats can sometimes just want to be left alone but Noon never wants to have solitude. He instead wants to be up close and we both listen to a few of the recordings I have of Debbie and I know he deals with her passing in his own way.

  When Debbie and I first got together we had a uphill road and if it had not been for our love bonding us in such a way I am not certain that I would have kept up the fight. We had to deal with so many who were against us including some family and friends but eventually we would win them over, I say we but it was always Debbie because with her smile and giggle you would finally have to give in. Of course we did have some family and friends who were all for us which helped out immensely. One of my best friends who is a Master Plumber and his wife opened their hearts and house to us. Their daughter spent so many nights with us and loved Debbie truly. My brothers welcomed her into the family and my Mom and Dad only wanted me to be happy. That I have been!

  My ex wife and I had been hired to run a beautiful Resort on Lake LBJ in Kingsland Texas. It was within a few months of that job that I had met Debbie online. I could not help but fall in love with her. We started talking on the phone and within just weeks we had both decided that what our hearts told us was that we needed to be together and we would hurt some in doing that but it would hurt us more if we did not follow what we needed. So I packed up and headed down to a small town between Houston and Galveston to pick her up. I got a little motel room waiting for the next morning and finally was able to reach her on the phone and find a meeting place. Once she climbed into the seat next to me in my pickup I knew right then in there that I had found "That one true love!"  You can watch all the movies you want or read books but I swear when you have found your true love you know it within seconds. I certainly felt it then as I do now.

  I took Debbie to the River Walk in San Antonio for a couple nights and we spent almost every minute just talking. Then we headed back to Kingsland, to see what was next. She had left her two young sons with her not to be so soon ex husband and I had left my daughter with my very soon to be ex wife. The owner of the resort had been informed of what was going on and had flown down from Utah to make a decision of what he needed to do to keep his business well managed. He interviewed Debbie and she explained that she had completed a couple years of college before being diagnosed with Chrohns Disease. He had also been interviewing others at the same time but Debbie and I were hired. We had that job for nearly four years together and loved it.

  When we decided to move on we met a new friend Terry who owned the Liquor Store in Granite Shoals who hired us to help him run it. Terry is still like our brother and we had a ton of fun for over 3 years before his then fiancee made him let us go. She was true to the rumors and had caused him to loose everything. She had done it to many before. Thankfully Terry has met and since married a beautiful and caring woman who he cherishes, which again proves to me there is "The One True Love" that is out there for everyone and Terry has his. I wish him all the best!

   Terry and I had also opened up a computer business at that time and competed with each other to have the fastest machine. I don't think either of us won because we upgraded nearly daily and had so much fun.
Terry had also introduced me to skydiving which is something I plan to pick back up on. It is such a rush and Debbie was able to go out a couple times with us and watch us skydive. She would never ride in the airplane but she was on the ground ready to greet me and remind me how dumb it was to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. That means she really never got up and close to them because I would not have gone near one without a parachute!

  To this day I wish I could have talked her into just doing one jump with me. I think she would have truly loved it and been terrified all at the same time. She would have probably beat the hell out of me once back on the ground but still it would have been nice!

   I may or may not add more later today. But thanks for reading and letting me share my life with you.
Best of everything to all who read and to my Baby I will talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment