Saturday, February 2, 2013

It has been quite awhile since I last updated this blog. Either due to moving and new job or just plain lazy.
This evening the reason is that I am dedicating this blog to my Very Beautiful wife who I lost this past January 10th from a massive heart attack.

     So we will start there. It has taken me much time and with the help of family and friends that I can now talk about it. Debbie and I have been together nearly 17 years. During that time we had run a lake side resort, liquor store, video/pizza store. restaurant and several other jobs where we worked together. I am only 50 as of this time and Debbie was 52 but comparing the average hours a couple spend together who work apart we had nearly the equivalent of 52.5 yrs together. To me that is a great and long marriage.

   Debbie was the best of everything. She made me the man I am who just was lucky enough to fall in love with such a woman.

  We met in a ichat rooms chat site back in 1996. We shared so many beliefs and were needing more in our lifes. We had both fell out of love with our then current spouses due to know direct fault of their own but wanted more out of life. She had/has two wonderful boys who I love deeply. I have a daughter who is the light of my life. Now both my daughter and oldest son have given Debbie and myself two beautiful and healthy granddaughters. I am so proud of that. Our youngest talks to me nearly daily and we found a common ground about hotrods, 4wd trucks and he is a damned fine young man who I am proud to call my son. When Debbie and I got together understandably her then husband wasn't very nice to me but he did load her suitcases in the back of that 1984 Ford F-150.  After some time and a few diversions the divorce was final. It had only taken 4 years. Ordered to deal with how to split up belongings they got along better then ever before. The gal in charge had stepped outside and told me she could not keep up. Well Debbie and her ex and I went out for drinks.  A yr or so later we went to the house she had shared with him and had assigned her half to her sons just to get her Christmas decorations. She asked her ex for help so he pulled down the latter and went back to the sofa to watch I think a ball game.   She was tossing down boxes to me full of her stuff and I asked her ex if I could lock her up in the attic and I would pay him 25 bucks. He said "Hell no she is your problem now buddy boy"   And to be honest he is really a damned nice guy! But more about that later. Remember this is my blog so how I tell it is up to me ;p!

  So Deb and I had about 4 years to really get to know each other while waiting for her divorce even though mine had taken only 3 months.  We called the local JP Rudy Cunningham who came over to the resort and our only witness was our little yorkie "Ginger" and Rudy asked me if I wanted the long version or short. Well hell after 4 years I wanted it to be over. So short it was. Deb and I kissed and went right back to work. No time for a honeymoon at that time but it would come later. I of course had to call my Mom and Dad. (If you don't let Mom know you are in deep trouble!) I love my Mom because she is an amazing woman and she always tells us kids that she never butts into our private lifes! (Moms know everything and whomever gave them that magic has some answering to !)  One Debbies favorite stories is the day my Mom and Dad were up at the resort and Mom took Debbie out to "the shed" which meant the back yard LOL. Mom being Mom was just letting her know what it was to be in this family and how much she loves her children etc etc and Deb came back into the main house saying that she got "The Talk" See Dad is definitely the one in charge but he backs up Mom and nobody and I mean nobody crosses Mom. Dad told us boys when growing up and could stand up to him and look him in the eyes that we would step outside and whoever was left standing made up the rules. To this day none of my brothers or myself has ever stepped outside with Dad. Love and respect taught us better.

   My Dad called Deb by pet names from the beginning like Baby,
He treats his family with such respect that all of us who he has raised strive to be such a good man.
Debbie has always called my Mom and Dad just that. She never used their names because to her she had always felt that they were in fact her Mom and Dad because she loved me and them and was very sincere in that.

   Before I have ever laid eyes on Debbie the only thing I had showing what she looked like was a picture from a tee shirt when she was a team mom for boys little league. From neck up but I knew I loved her. She had never seen a photo of me. Still we spent the rest of her life together so I guess that love may not be blind but listens to the heart! Ours certainly had.

   So begins the story of a true love far more valuable to me then all the gold in Fort Knox. A God given love isn't something to be taken granted for.  It is only there to be cherished and enjoyed. Every night since she left me to go on to what we all strive for makes me happy for every second have spent with her. So tonight like all others I will weep for my loss and smile for what I was given.

    So until tomorrow my friends and my wife. Love, Respect and best wishes for you and yours and never take anything for granted because even with the heavy heart left by loosing someone can also make you stronger and keep you safe and warm. I have that with my one true love and my baby. Debbie will always be  the love of my life and like my Mom said. She is True Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment